SCORE, SABOTAGE & WIN!
WordStacker® is a card game of stacking, stretching, and mixing up words to score points to win. Quick to set-up and easy to learn and play. It's for 2-6 players over 15-30 minutes.
Create new words every time you play, win points and stack your way to victory... BUT BEWARE you may get sabotaged by your opponents. Anyone can win this game of strategy and wordplay.
It’s great for family gaming. Kids love it because they get to play without help from parents, AND they can win. Adults love it because it's not always about what you know, there's strategy and challenge in the game which is compelling and fun.
First to 100 points wins the game!
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- 1 Instruction sheet
- 103 Letter cards
- 46 Score cards
- 10 Sabotage! cards
HOW TO PLAY [animated version - coming soon]
Object of the Game
Make new words by stacking, stretching and mixing-up letters to score points. First to score 100 points wins!
1. Split the cards into blue (Action cards) and yellow (Letter cards).
2. Lay out a set of 4-letter words according to the number of players in the game (2-3 players = 3 words / 4-5 players = 4 words / 6 players = 5 words)
3. Separate the Letter cards into two decks: vowels and consonants. Shuffle both. Deal 2 vowels and 4 consonants to each player, then shuffle the Letter cards back together and place face down to create a Letter card draw pile.
Shuffle the Action cards and deal 3 cards to each player.
Place face down to create an Action card draw pile. Keep your hands secret!
The player to the dealer’s left goes first.
Playing the Game
There are 2 types of Action cards in the game;
- Score cards which have a score value and;
- Sabotage! cards which sabotage your opponents
Score cards include:
- Stack 2, 3, 4 and 5 letters
- 1 letter word stretch & multi-letter word stretch
- 1 Word Mix-Up & Mega Mix-Up
- New Word
Sabotage! cards include:
- Miss a Go
- Reverse Play
- 2 Card Swap
- Find a Letter
- Steal a Letter
On your turn you can:
- Play 1 Score card or
- Play 1 Sabotage! card or
- Do both!
Once played, Score cards remain face up in front of you where the other players can see them. Add up your Score cards during the game to keep track of your score. At the end of your turn, restock your hand to 9 cards choosing any combination of Letter and Action cards. Play then passes to the next player.
Winning the Game - First to score 100 points wins!
We (Anna & Matt) started up Ingenium Games in November 2015 with nothing but a handmade deck of cards, a Macbook Pro and a thirst for making games which were fun, inclusive and easy to play.
We’re huge fans of word games, and there are a lot of them on the market. But having played them since childhood, we wanted to make one which wasn't reliant on having a super-brain (like Anna's Mum!). Many of them rely on what you know and that's OK, but when you're not so good at the wordy stuff, 'Clever-Clogs' always wins! :(
Anna had casually developed some handmade WordStacker decks with scoring cards with some cool actions. She playtested with all sorts of good people who were kind enough to offer some ideas around player interaction and levelling the playing field.
We've been developing WordStacker since we met about 12 months ago and it's been designed with strategy and wordplay in mind, so there’s a good chance that the child or the person who says ‘I’m no good at word games’ will win!
The game benefits from:
- A constantly changing board
- New challenges with every turn
- Infinite replayability